- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 c. water
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz. bow tie or seashell pasta
- 5 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
- 2 TBS Worchestershire Sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves (to taste), chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. Hendrickson’s Classic Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 c. shredded Italian Cheese blend (found in the dairy case)
In a large skillet, cook 3 strips of bacon. Remove bacon and set aside; cook the chicken in the bacon drippings, add Worcestershire. Remove from pan and set aside. Sauté red onion, red bell pepper until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet, add water, bouillon cubes and pasta. Cook until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In microwave safe bowl, heat the cream cheese at ½ power at 30 second intervals until melted. Add Hendrickson’s Classic Italian. Heat again at ½ power for 30 seconds. Add Cheese blend and mix until smooth.
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. When pasta is completely cooked, add sauce, vegetables, cut up chicken, tomatoes and chopped garlic cloves. Cook until all heated through. Add spinach, heat another 2 minutes. Top with green onion just before serving.